Char Siu Pork
This delicious baked and broiled pork takes an inexpensive cut to the next level. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or after work guests.
- 800 g (~2lbs) Pork Shoulder (boneless, sliced)
- 1/2 Tbs Honey
- 1/2 Tbs Rice Wine Vinegar (or Saki)
- 1/2 Tbs Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbs Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbs Hoisin Sauce (Chinese Barbecue Sauce)
- 1 Tbs Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper (ground)
- 3 Tbs Brown Sugar (Dark or Light)
- 1/2 tsp Chinese 5 Spice Powder
- 2 Tbs Honey
- 2 Tbs Scalding Water
- 2 Scallions (sliced)
- 1/4 C Carrots (pickled)
- 1/8 C Garlic (thin sliced, pickled)
- 1/2 Tbs Sesame Seeds (toasted)
- Mix all ingredients, except Honey Water and garnishes in zipper top bag.
- Refrigerate 3-24 hours, reserve marinade for basting.