Lovingly hand-crafted baguettes make a perfect crouton, garlic bread, or banh mi roll.Although this may seem like a lot of work for a “simple” bread recipe, the longer proofing time allows for a rich deep flavor to develop as the yeast works its magic. Perfect for dipping in seasoned olive oil, spreading with fresh cultured butter, or slicing in for a wonderful Banh Mi sandwich using the left over Char Siu Pork.
- 700 g Bread Flour (King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour) + 100 g additional for flouring working service/couche
- 520 g Water (cool, not chilled)
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt (1 tsp if using table salt)
- 1/2 tsp Active Dry Yeast (Fleischmann’s Active Dry Yeast)
- Bakers Couche Editor’s Note: Couche can easily be simulated with well floured cotton cloth or pillow case.
- Food Safe Spray Bottle