Canned ham has made its mark on America and Hawaiians have done it best.
- 1 Tin of Spam, sliced in to the shape of the can
- 2 T Neutral Oil
- 1/2C Dark Soy Sauce
- 1/2C White Sugar
- 3T Indo Sweet Sambal Sauce (This is NOT SRIRACHA )
- 3-6T Rice Wine Vinegar
- 3-4C Sticky Rice
- 2 Sheets Nori, divided in to strips
- In large pan, heat soy sauce, white sugar, vinegar, and sambal until thick and bubbling. Remove from heat.
- Allow Spam to marinade in warm sauce.
- Heat 2T oil over med-high heat until shimmering.
- Brown Spam slices in batches until golden. Remove from heat.
- Place warm rice in a misted or damp musubi mold and apply even pressure.
- Remove rice cake, top with spam slice.
- Lightly coat the matte side of a Nori strip with the marinade. Wrap the Nori tightly.