This fresh take on a southern summer staple will have the family begging for more. A complete vegetarian meal, this dish would be great over or under you favorite meats, grains, and pastas. Serves 6.
- 4lb Zucchini, diced
- 1Lg White, Yellow, or Sweet Onion, diced
- 4T Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO), divided
- 2T Paprika
- 2T Basil, fresh, minced
- 2T Dill, fresh, minced (halve if using dried)
- 2T Tomato Paste
- 1T Harissa Paste (opt)
- 2C Sour Cream
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1Pt Tommy Toe Tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place Zucchini, Onion, EVOO, S&P, and Paprika in a large mixing bowl. Toss to coat.
- Place contents of bowl on large baking sheet. Roast in oven ~20minutes until soft and light charred.
- While Vegetables roast, heat remaining in oil in a large heavy pot. Preferably an enameled dutch oven.
- When oil shimmers, add halved tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes lose structure, about 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and Harissa paste. Cook until liquid reduces and sauce begins to thicken.
- Turn OFF heat. Add Sour Cream, Basil, Dill, and combine. Sauce should be a pale pink at this point.
- Stir in the Roasted vegetables and fold to combine.
- Serve over hearty noodles, fettuccine, pappardelle, rotini, or long grain rice, basmati.