This quick and easy dinner takes a cheap cut and turns it into a delicious bbq dinner, no grill required.
- 3lbs “Country-Style” Pork Ribs†, trimmed
- 1 White Onion, sliced
- 1/2C Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- Clean pork pieces and place in a large glass dish.
- Salt liberally and place under a pre-heated broiler on top rack.
- Allow to brown. Remove pan from oven, rotate pieces and repeat.
- Pork should have a nice caramel coloration. Remove from heat, and set oven to 325F.
- Combine sliced onions and bbq sauce in a small bowl.
- Cover pork with onion sauce and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place on center rack for 1 hour. After 1 hour, decrease heat to 250F.
- Remove meat from pan and strain drippings through a tight sieve into a large pot.
- Reduce to half until nappe.
- While sauce is reducing, shred or chop pork removing bones, gristle, gelatinous fat, and other undesirables.