This easy and quick soup is perfect for cool fall evenings. Ready in less than 30 minutes and never breaking the bank! Serve with a rustic loaf or alongside Roasted Chicken Thighs.
- 6 Cans Cannellini Beans
- 1 Lg Onion, minced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2lb Thick-cut Bacon, chopped
- 4 C Chicken Stock
- 1 T Rosemary
- 1/2 T Thyme
- 1/4 T Aleppo Pepper Flake
- If serving with roasted thighs, start them before continuing.
- In a blender, blitz two cans of cannellini beans. Drain the other four.
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, render bacon fat over medium heat.
- Once bacon is cooked, add onions and saute until translucent.
- Add garlic, cook until fragrant.
- Add blitz cannellini beans, stock, whole beans, rosemary, thyme, pepper flake, and salt and pepper.
- Cover, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, uncover and simmer 15 minutes.
- If serving, place oiled and salted bread under broiler, set timer for 3 minutes and check often.
- Serve along side a rustic loaf for a full meal, or as a compliment to roasted chicken thighs.