Low Carb and full flavored, these quick veggie sides will be a welcome compliment to any dinner table!
- 1 Lg Savoy, Red, or Green Cabbage
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 T Lemon Juice
- 4 T Butter
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove outer leaves and slice cabbage into 8 equal pieces. Do not remove core.
- In a large bowl, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place on a foiled high sided baking sheet.
- Roast 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully flip with a spatula being sure to keep the cabbage intact.
- Return to oven and roast until the core is easily pierced with a tooth pick, cake pick, or knife.
- While roasting, in a small sauce pan clarify butter and remove from heat, add garlic and allow to slowly cook in hot butter.
- Once removed from the oven, combine lemon juice and butter garlic mixture.
- Pour into cabbage crevices and remove core before serving.