A tex-mex casserole that’s sure to be a family favorite. Full of vegetables and warm flavors.
- 1lb Ground Beef, Seasoned, Drained
- 1 Lg White Onion, Diced
- 1 Can Whole Kernel Corn, Drained
- 1 Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 28oz Can Tomato Sauce
- Various seasonings
- Worcestchire Sauce, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cumin, Salt &Pepper, etc…
- 1T Chili Powder
- 1C Chopped Flat Parsley, or 2T dried Parsley
- 1 Package Wide Egg Noodles
- 4C Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, begin browning ground beef and seasoning as desired.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the beef from the pan.
- Over a high heat, cook onions and bell peppers until translucent.
- As onions and peppers start to cook, coat in chili powder.
- Add corn and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer.
- In a stock pot, boil several quarts of heavily salted water. And cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain well. Note: It is important to not over cook, as these will be baked below.
- Combine Beef, Noodles, Parsley, and Sauce into a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Cover with cheese and bake with greased aluminum foil until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling around edges, roughly 30 minutes.
- Once melted, remove foil, and broil until cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.