A quick rice and beef dish for a weeknight meal!
- 1.5 lbs Ground Beef
- 2t Granulated Garlic
- 2t Onion Powder
- 2t Cumin
- 2t Chili Powder
- 1t Smoked Paprika
- 1t Ground Pepper
- Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Lg White onion, brunoise
- 2 14oz canned Fire-roasted Tomatoes
- 3C Beef Stock amended with 1T Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 2/3C Jasmine or Basmati, washed well in a seive (adjust stock amount to rice cooking directions.)
- In a heavy bottom Dutch oven, high-sided lidded skillet, or Pressure Pot, cook beef over a medium-high heat.
- Season beef and remove from pan with a slotted spoon.
- Allow beef fat to simmer until it stops bubbling. Remove all fat from the pan and reserve for future cooking.
- Reintroduce 2T of beef fat back to the pan.
- Cook onion until slightly translucent.
- Add rice to the pan, stirring well to coat the rice in beef fat.
- Stir frequently, allowing rice to brown slightly, 2-3 mins.
Note: From this point on, work quickly and keep heat at medium-high.
- Pour tomatoes and stock into pan and stir to combine.
- Reintroduce beef, bring to a heavy boil and cover reducing heat to low.
- If cooking in a pressure pot, cook under pressure for 15 minutes then allow to naturally decompress for 10 minutes.
- Or if cooking in a large Dutch or high-sided skillet, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook covered until rice is fluffy.