Shakshuka is a middle eastern breakfast staple and one you’ll be happy to have welcomed to your table!
- 6 Eggs
- 2 14oz Cans, Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Lg Red Bell Pepper, minced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1T Paprika
- 1t Smoked Paprika
- 2t Cumin
- 2T Italian Parsley, minced
- Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil
- Parmesan, minced Parsley, Calabrian Chili flake, Olive Oil, for garnish
- Toast or Pita for dipping
- In a large brazier, heat olive oil and saute bell pepper until transluscent.
- Add dried spices, saute until fragrant.
- Add garlic, cook ~2 minutes.
- Add parsley and tomatoes. Cook 15 minutes covered, stirring infrequently.
- Turn to a low heat, make 6 wells in the tomatoes, and crack 6 eggs into the wells.
- Cook, covered ~10 minutes or until eggs reach desired doneness. (I prefer a set white but runny yolk.)
- Using a skimmer spoon, plate eggs over tomatoes. Top with garnishes.
- Use toast to bust yolks and scoop tomatoes.